Blog - LiFePO4

Cell damaged by short circuit and overcharge

Cell damaged by short circuit and overcharge

12.Mar 2016
| Blog - LiFePO4
 

Cell damaged by short circuit and overcharge

The photo shows an example of the cell damage by incorrect use. As you can see at the terminal (the upper one), it is evident that the terminal was partially melted by a short circuit. You can clearly see the burns and missing melted points on the terminal.

Later, the cell was overcharged. This overcharge resulted in the cell blowing and the leakage of the electrolyte. You can see the electrolyte as the liquid around the terminals.

Additionally, the poor connection of the terminal and the oxidation of the connection caused a chemical reaction on the terminal resulting in foam around the terminal.

As you can see, the results of improper care for the cells are obvious. We show this as a warning and we would like to advise our customers that they make professional installations.

14 visitors online.
All Rights reserved © 2021 GWL a.s.